Ian MacMillan Residency
- 1 artist / writer’s residency for a UH Mānoa student.
- This residency is associated with a $500 stipend.
- One student will have the opportunity to develop a creative work based on spending a minimum of 10 hours doing research of their choice in the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections at Hamilton Library.
- One student will have the opportunity to do research in the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections, and to use this research as inspiration for a poem series, short story, art work, or performance work. Artists in all genres of writing and all audiovisual and performance media are eligible.
- Short description: In the submittable box provided, include a one paragraph description of your work and the kind of research you might like to undertake in the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections.
- Please provide your UH ID number.
- Check the boxes next to the residencies you are applying for.
- Art / Writing Sample:
Writers: Send up to 7 pages of poetry, short fiction, short nonfiction, or hybrid work. Visual Artists: Send up to 7 images. Audiovisual Artists: Send a/v files up to 7 minutes. Performance Artists: Send a/v files up to 7 minutes.
Query us if you have other types of work and need guidelines.